You will start with a drive to the Red Dao minority village of Nam Cang located 20km from Topas Ecolodge. The drive is on mountain road running aside of the scenery Muong Hoa valley, with picturesque views of peaky mountains, the biggest rice terraces in the area, waterfalls and Hill tribes’ villages.
Nam Cang village locates at the far end of the road. The Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. Herbal bath, local medicine and embroidery are some of the things that the Red Dao are very skilled at. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the village and learn how the local villagers make writing paper, jewelry and embroidery. You then have your lunch at the Nam Cang Riverside Lodge, enjoying the peaceful life on the banks of river next to the jungle.
In the afternoon you can choose to relax at the lodge, make more visits to the village, take a swim in the river or join a guided trek to explore the beautiful surrounding nature. The 3 hour moderate trek starts with an ascent to a small Blue H’mong village, but from here it is mostly straight and downhill with a beautiful view to the high mountains, waterfalls and the deep valley.
In the mid afternoon you will have a transfer back to Topas Ecolodge.
• Kind of trip: joining tour of maximum 10 travellers
• Departure from:
o Topas Ecolodge at 8:45
• Finish approximately at:
o Topas Ecolodge at 16:15
• Activities: Best walking, cultural exploring.
• What to bring: a day backpack; comfortable walking shoes; hat; sun cream; shorts & T-shirt for hot season and long trouser & light windbreaker jacket for cold season. Optional swimwear.
• The best picturesque mountainous and rice-terrace views of the most remote area of Sapa;
• Encounter with the minorities of Red Dao and Blue H’mong.
Inclusions & Exclusions
o English speaking guide
o All needed transportation by shuttle bus
o Lunch at Nam Cang Riverside Lodge
o Water and snacks
o Entrance fees
o Tip money and gratuity
Price per person: 40 USD (min 2 pax)
Price for children: Children under 4 years old: FOC; Children from 4 to under 12 years old: 30USD.