Explore the traditional and cultural heart of Vietnam’s ancient capital, Hue, on this 4-day historical adventure through crumbling tombs, regal Citadels, charming villages, and dreamy lagoons. Spend the days cycling along and cruising down the poetic Perfume River while resting your head at the illustrious Pilgrimage Village at night.
- Exploring the Citadel and ancient tombs from the famed Nguyen Dynasty
- Breathing in the incense of Thien Mu Pagoda
- Spending a day in the ancient village of Thuy Bieu
- Rowing across Tam Giang Lagoon at sunset
This Tour is Perfect for
- Art lovers, culture aficionados, and history buffs
- Combining city comfort with pristine nature and natural beauty
- Leisure travel in a relaxed, upscale style
- Extending for a few days with a mountain retreat in Sapa or a beach escape in Quy Nhon
Topas Travel creates tailor-made tours for our guests according to their specific requests. This itinerary has been designed to show you just one of many options
Day 1: Hue Arrival
Day 2: Hue
Day 3: Hue – Thien Mu Pagoda – Thuy Bieu Village – Tam Giang Lagoon
Day 4: Hue Departure
Xin Chao and welcome to Hue! Upon arrival to Hue’s Phu Bai Airport, a Topas representative will welcome you before heading straight to your hotel in the heart of the city.
The day is at leisure to discover Hue on your own.
Included meals: N/A
Distance and Activities: 25’ drive
Lace up your sneakers and get up close and personal with Hue this morning during a cycling tour down gentle hills and along sweeping rivers to crumbling tombs and regal temples. First stop is Tu Duc Tomb, a spacious countryside expanse filled with lotus ponds and ancient shrines. Then, continue on to the elaborate mausoleum of Emperor Minh Mang, known as the Nguyen Dynasty’s staunchest Confucian. Stroll through the immaculate gardens before continuing to Kim Long, Hue’s garden neighborhood, for lunch.
Make your way back to the city in the early afternoon, stopping at the ancient Citadel, a palace constructed by the great kings of old, showcasing a proud flag tower, ornate gates, the forbidden purple city, and various royal chambers. Return to your hotel afterwards with the rest of the day free at leisure.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and activities: 25km cycling – 4h sightseeing tour
Board a colorful dragon boat this morning and sail down the iconic Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda, one of Vietnam’s most impressive Buddhist sites. Absorb the atmosphere of this important religious complex and continue upstream to Thuy Bieu, an old traditional village surrounded by the Perfume River on 3 sides and known for its fragrant grapefruit orchards and ancient houses.
Sip some tea with a local family and learn about cultural practices carried down from generations, such as watercolor painting, incense-making, and pomelo jam canning.
After enjoying a lunch prepared by the villagers, head towards the ocean and Tam Giang Lagoon, one of the largest lagoons in Southeast Asia. Take in the deep purple sunset from your boat and then head back to Hue.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and activities: 2h cruising – 3h sightseeing tour – 2h transfer
The day is at leisure until your transfer to Phu Bai Airport for onward booked travel.
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and activities: 25′ drive
- 2-way private A/C airport transfer
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide on days with activities
- Government VAT
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
This program utilizes comfortable accommodation in the form of carefully curated hotels, lodges, and homestays. Hotels and lodges have been selected with the active traveler in mind, offering standard services and located as close to nature and local engagement as possible. Homestays are simple and equipped with western toilets and amenities such as fans and mattresses. If you have a specific property in mind you wish to stay at, please let your travel designer know so they can work it into your program.