Hoi An Heritage
Gain a deeper perspective of Vietnam on this 4-day escape to Hoi An, a fairytale-like town in Central Vietnam. Browse private artist collections and join different workshops while strolling down the bougainvillea covered streets, catching glimpses of Chinese, French, Vietnamese, Japanese and Dutch influences in the architecture. In addition, this package includes many opportunities to taste different varieties of Central Vietnamese fare.
- Exploring the streets, shops, and cafes of Ancient Hoi An
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese cuisine
- Creating Tuồng masks with a local artist
- Sipping tea at the acclaimed Reaching Out Teahouse
This Tour is Perfect for
- Art lovers, culture aficionados, and history buffs
- Families with children of all ages
- Leisure travel in a relaxed, upscale style
- Extending for a few days with a mountain retreat in Sapa, a beach escape in Da Nang, or more artist workshops in Hanoi
Topas Travel creates tailor-made tours for our guests according to their specific requests. This itinerary has been designed to show you just one of many options
Day 1: Da Nang – Hoi An – The Field
Day 2: Hoi An
Day 3: Hoi An
Day 4: Hoi An – Da Nang Departure
Xin Chao and welcome to Central Vietnam! Upon arrival to Da Nang’s International Airport, a Topas representative will welcome you before heading south to your charming accommodation for the next few days in Hoi An.
Enjoy the day at leisure until a welcome dinner at The Field, a bamboo-house turned contemporary Vietnamese restaurant. Soak up the atmosphere while dining amongst candlelight and the rice paddies alongside the Coco River.
Included meals: Dinner
Transfer and Activities:30’ drive – 2h dinner experience
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage streets of Hoi An this morning with a short walking tour through some of the city’s most historical architecture, including the Chinese Assembly and Japanese covered bridge. Then, take some time to admire French photographer Rehanh’s exquisite regionally-divided exhibits in the Precious Heritage Art Gallery Museum, a culmination of seven years of his hard work in Vietnam documenting the 54 ethnic groups of the country.
Pause for lunch at Orivy, a gorgeous family-run restaurant with a large garden, serving up traditional Hoi An cuisine. After lunch, join a tea-meditation workshop at Reaching Out Teahouse and learn how to use your 5-senses to experience tea in a whole new way.
The afternoon is at leisure for you to discover Hoi An on your own. Poke your head into a tailor shop to create a brand-new outfit or shop ‘till you drop in many of the adorable shops lining the streets.
Included meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Transfer and Activities: 3h sightseeing tour – 1h tea workshop
Another exciting day in Hoi An awaits. Start your day with a food tour through the markets and streets of Hoi An, tasting more than 40 different types of foods and drinks while learning about main ingredients used in Vietnamese cuisine as well as how and when to eat them.
Then, join an art workshop at Timing Masks, learning about the history of traditional Vietnamese theatre and its symbolic Tuồng masks. Choose from building the mask from scratch or just painting it before enjoying the rest of the day free at leisure.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and Activities: 4h food tour – 2h art workshop
The day is at leisure until your transfer to Da Nang International Airport for onward booked travel.
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 30′ transfer
- 2-way private A/C airport transfer
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All workshops and tours mentioned in the program
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide on days with activities
- Government VAT
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
This program utilizes comfortable accommodation in the form of carefully curated hotels, lodges, and homestays. Hotels and lodges have been selected with the active traveler in mind, offering standard services and located as close to nature and local engagement as possible. Homestays are simple and equipped with western toilets and amenities such as fans and mattresses. If you have a specific property in mind you wish to stay at, please let your travel designer know so they can work it into your program.