Nam Cang Village Explorer
From 9,000,000 VNĐ
Short on time but want to experience the impressive landscape of northern Vietnam? We’ve got you covered. This action-packed adventure takes you deep into the mountains of Hoang Kien National Park outside of Sapa, filling the days with treks through mountains, jungles, and remote ethnic minority villages and nights with home-cooked, delicious Vietnamese family dinners at our homestyle-inspired Topas Riverside Lodge.
- Trekking through terraced rice fields, mountains and jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-styled dinners
This Tour is Perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- In-depth exploration of vibrant ethnic minority villages
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Topas Travel creates tailor-made tours for our guests according to their specific requests. This itinerary has been designed to show you just one of many options
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 3: Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 4: Topas Riverside Lodge – Nam Cang Village – Hanoi Departure
Xin Chao and welcome to Vietnam! Upon arrival to Hanoi’s Noi Bai International airport, a Topas representative will welcome you to the land of the ascending dragon before heading straight to your hotel in the heart of the city.
The day is at leisure to discover Hanoi on your own, wandering the crooked alleys of the iconic Old Quarter and the promenade around Hoan Kiem Lake.
Included meals: N/A
Distance and Activities: 45′ transfer
After an early morning breakfast, sit back and relax aboard the Topas Mountain Express, a plush minivan outfitted with snacks, water, and Wi-Fi that covers the five-hour journey from Hanoi to Topas Riverside Lodge. Arrive just in time to enjoy a local lunch prepared by the resident family.
In the afternoon, visit the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silver jewelers and families creating paper from rice for spiritual reasons and if you’re brave enough, jump into the refreshing waters of the river running next to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Dinner is served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends. If you’re a bit sore from the activities of the day, sample a traditional herbal bath made by a local Dzao specialist, famous for its medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 5.5 hour drive – 3km village walk
Explore the remote mountains and jungles of the surrounding area of Hoang Lien National Park today as you hike through rice terraces and small villages to a remote Black Hmong tribe. Your guide will act as a window to the rich multicultural lives of the ethnic minorities in the area and share insightful knowledge of cultures and customs.
Uncover the Hmong way of life before moving onto another Dzao village where you will stop for lunch. Make your way back to Topas Riverside Lodge in the afternoon and rest on the open-air wrap-around balcony until dinner time and a comfortable night’s sleep.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 13km rice terrace and village hike
Discover the jungle on a gentle hike this morning. See where the villagers plant cardamom along with other herbs and spices that can fetch a good price in the local markets, and make your way to the local stream, dipping your toes in or going for a final swim.
Return to the capital, Hanoi, on the Topas Mountain Express, arriving in the early evening to your hotel.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Transfer Distance and Activities: 8km jungle walk – 5.5 hour drive
From: 9,000,000 VNĐ(equivalent of USD)
- 2-way private A/C airport transfer with welcome guide
- Join-in Mountain Express Limousine between Hanoi and Nam Cang village, Topas Riverside Lodge
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Free refillable water in vans and at Topas Riverside Lodge (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide on days with activities (except the transfer days between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge)
- Government Value Added Tax
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
This program utilizes comfortable accommodation in the form of carefully curated hotels, lodges, and homestays. Hotels and lodges have been selected with the active traveler in mind, offering standard services and located as close to nature and local engagement as possible. Homestays are simple and equipped with western toilets and amenities such as fans and mattresses. If you have a specific property in mind you wish to stay at, please let your travel designer know so they can work it into your program.