Topas Ecolodge Hiker’s Edition
From 10,200,000 VNĐ
Run away with us to the mountains and experience the best that northern Vietnam has to offer on this 5-day itinerary. Trek through the mountains, jungles, and ethnic minority tribes of Hoang Kien National Park outside of Sapa and enjoy two very different kinds of accommodations—the rustic, homestay-inspired Topas Riverside Lodge and the acclaimed luxurious Topas Ecolodge, a certified unique lodge by National Geographic.
- Trekking through terraced rice fields, mountains and jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners at a homestay
- Spending a night at the famous Topas Ecolodge, a certified unique lodge by National Geographic
This Tour is Perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Topas Travel creates tailor-made tours for our guests according to their specific requests. This itinerary has been designed to show you just one of many options
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 3: Topas Riverside Lodge – Nam Cang Villages – Topas Ecolodge
Day 4: Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi Departure
Xin Chao and welcome to Vietnam! Upon arrival to Hanoi’s Noi Bai International airport, a Topas representative will welcome you to the land of the ascending dragon before heading straight to your hotel in the heart of the city.
The day is at leisure to discover Hanoi on your own, wandering the crooked alleys of the iconic Old Quarter and the promenade around Hoan Kiem Lake.
Included meals: N/A
Distance and Activities:45’ drive
After an early morning breakfast, sit back and relax aboard the Topas Mountain Express, a plush minivan outfitted with snacks, water, and Wi-Fi that covers the five-hour journey from Hanoi to Topas Riverside Lodge. Arrive just in time to enjoy a local lunch prepared by the resident family.
In the afternoon, visit the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silver jewelers and families creating paper from rice for spiritual reasons and if you’re brave enough, jump into the refreshing waters of the river running next to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Dinner is served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends. If you’re a bit sore from the activities of the day, sample a traditional herbal bath made by a local Dzao specialist, famous for its medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 5.5h drive – 3km village walk
Make up to the sounds of nature and enjoy a final breakfast cooked by the Topas Riverside Lodge staff before setting off a day trek through the stunning landscapes of Hoang Lien National Park. Stroll on the quiet road winding through Nam Cang Village and watch as the town becomes a spacious rice valley. A small trail leads you through rice terraces, corn fields, and babbling streams, and maybe even a few locals tending to their crops during the planting and harvest seasons.
Slowly, the hike grows steeper until your arrival at Nam Nhiu Village, inhabited by another Red Dzao ethnic minority tribe, with their beautiful traditionally embroidered outfits and practice of shaving their hair and eyebrows as a sign of respect. Stop for a picnic lunch here and catch your breath. Continuing on to Sin Chai, you’ll see mountains in the distance and the valley below before stopping at Thanh Phu for your 45-minute transfer by car to the world-renowned Topas Ecolodge, a certified lodge by National Geographic. Check-in to your bungalow with a warm cup of lemongrass and ginger tea, taking in the out-of-this-world views.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and Activities: 13km rice terrace and village hike
The day is yours at leisure until a mid-afternoon departure for Hanoi via the Topas Mountain Express. Sunbathe and splash in the pool, sample delicious cuisine at the restaurant, breathe in the fresh mountain air from your bungalow’s patio, or indulge in some locally-inspired treatments at the wonderful spa on site.
Check-in to your Hanoi hotel in the early evening, free to discover Hanoi on your own.
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 5.5h drive
Savor your last morning in Vietnam with a final bowl of pho and enjoy the day at leisure until your transfer to Noi Bai International Airport for onward travel.
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 45’ drive
From: 10,200,000 VNĐ(equivalent of USD)
- 2-way private A/C airport transfer with welcome guide
- Join-in Mountain Express Limousine between Hanoi and Nam Cang village, Topas Riverside Lodge
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Free refillable water in vans and at Topas Riverside Lodge (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide on days with activities (except the transfer days between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge)
- Government Value Added Tax
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
This program utilizes comfortable accommodation in the form of carefully curated hotels, lodges, and homestays. Hotels and lodges have been selected with the active traveler in mind, offering standard services and located as close to nature and local engagement as possible. Homestays are simple and equipped with western toilets and amenities such as fans and mattresses. If you have a specific property in mind you wish to stay at, please let your travel designer know so they can work it into your program.