Classic Ho Chi Minh City
From 9,000,000 VNĐ
Explore the magnetism of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s biggest city, on this 4-day active itinerary featuring the best museums, attractions, and experiences in the city. An added bonus is a day-trip to the Cu Chi countryside just outside of Ho Chi Minh City. Head down the Saigon River by speed-boat and then trade the water for land when you cycle through remote countryside and then squeeze through the guerilla tunnels of Cu Chi.
- Cycling through countryside
- Taking a speedboat to Cu Chi Tunnels
- Zipping around the city on the back of a retro Vespa
- Sampling delicious traditional Vietnamese cuisine
This Tour is Perfect for
- First or second-time visitors to Vietnam
- Families with children of all ages
- Active travel without being too strenuous
- Extending for a few days to the Mekong Delta , Nam Cat Tien National Park, or Da Lat
Topas Travel creates tailor-made tours for our guests according to their specific requests. This itinerary has been designed to show you just one of many options
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City Arrival
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City
Day 3: Ho Chi Minh City – Cu Chi
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh City Departure
Xin Chao and welcome to evocative Saigon, known officially as Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival to Tan Son Nhat International Airport, a Topas representative will welcome you before heading to the heart of the city to your cozy accommodation for the next few days.
Enjoy the day at leisure exploring Ho Chi Minh City on your own.
Included meals: N/A
Distance and activities: 45’ drive
Start your discovery of Ho Chi Minh City with a morning sightseeing tour, starting at the Reunification Palace and pausing at the old Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral, two still-working colonial masterpieces. Then, browse the exhibits at the War Remnants Museum, paying respect to the sobering recent tragedies and the fighting spirit of the Vietnamese to rebuild their society.
Lunch at Bloom Saigon, a vocational training restaurant working to empower disadvantaged youth in Ho Chi Minh City by providing culinary training. The food is a mix of traditional Vietnamese and Asian fusion, served in a big French Colonial Villa.
The afternoon is at leisure for you to discover Ho Chi Minh City on your own until sunset, when it’s time to discover the city the way the locals do, on the back of a scooter! Your trusty driver will zip you down tiny alleys and wide boulevards flanked by skyscrapers to show you the Saigon few travelers get to see. Sample delicious street food dishes as you pass major tourist attractions, getting to know Vietnam in style.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance and activities: 3h sightseeing tour – 4h motorbike food tour
Board your speedboat this morning and jet out of Ho Chi Minh City into the jungles and stilted houses of the surrounding region. After a 60’ ride, grab a bicycle and cycle through small communities on quiet back roads, trails, and paths. Along the way to lunch, you’ll see rice paper makers and farmers tilling the land.
After a local lunch, arrive to the Cu Chi tunnels, a vital network of 200km of underground passages, chambers, and living quarters from the Second Indochinese War set outside of the city. This fascinating piece of Vietnam’s history helps visitors to understand the conditions of the war and the incredible odds the Vietnamese were against.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City by van, free to discover the city on your own.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and activities: 1h speedboat transfer – 27km cycling – 1.5h transfer
The day is at leisure until your transfer to Tan Son Nhat International Airport for onward booked travel.
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 45′ drive
From: 9,000,000 VNĐ(equivalent of 393 USD)
- 2-way private A/C airport transfer
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All museums and tours mentioned in the program
- Entrance tickets to villages
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide on days with activities
- 1 x food tour via Vespa
- Join-in round-trip to Cu Chi ( 1-way speedboat, 1-way van)
- Government VAT
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
This program utilizes comfortable accommodation in the form of carefully curated hotels, lodges, and homestays. Hotels and lodges have been selected with the active traveler in mind, offering standard services and located as close to nature and local engagement as possible. Homestays are simple and equipped with western toilets and amenities such as fans and mattresses. If you have a specific property in mind you wish to stay at, please let your travel designer know so they can work it into your program.